Thursday 30 December 2010

Building in SL




It surprised me when I started this build how much I'd actually forgotten about just navigating my avatar around in SL. This in fact has helped me with the build in so much as the ability to 'see' it as a new visitor, and to test the ease of access to the information. I'm pleased with the look of the 'unit' (can't quite make my mind up as to what to call it yet), I need to build four more units, I'm sure that you must be able to select all of the individual parts and 'lock' them together just like you can in Publisher, and duplicate the unit as one?


My first attempts at locking the individual parts together went well, it was tricky with the smaller parts and I had to constantly change the camera view to enable me to select them. I think the most frustrating part of the build so far is trying to get the right camera angle! I know that with practice it will become easier but - aaaargh!


I've finally worked out how to duplicate! I had forgotton that you have to also hold down the left mouse button along with the shift key and drag the green arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment